American Metalcraft was incorporated in 1947 by Archer Kahn. In 1961, Herbert Kahn succeeded his father as President, and in 1995 David Kahn and Susan Kahn Bank took over the business, marking the transition to a third generation of family leadership. In over 57 years of family ownership, the company has expanded from 6,000 square foot in Chicago to over 120,000 square foot in west suburban Melrose Park, Illinois, and from a handful of employees to almost 100. American Metalcraft began with a limited product line and a local customer base to a company with customers in all 50 states and over 75 countries around the world. The company has evolved from job shop to a company that manufactures over 2000 items in house for its own product line.
In the late 50's, the company expanded from its restaurant and bar supply line to make a line of copper shapes and bowls sold primarily to copper enamelers.
In the 1960's, American Metalcraft's product lines grew and consequently it began to phase out job work. The 60’s also saw American Metalcraft begin to import products from the Far East, principally Japan then, but now from countries in Asia, the America’s and Europe.
In the late 1970's, the companies distribution center burned to the ground. After rising from the ashes, the following year was the best in the company's history, until that time.
In the 1980's, the company prospered and grew so rapidly that it had to move into larger facilities twice!
The 90's brought American Metalcraft a new suburban location and a move into new product categories. While maintaining its historical core business in Pizzeria supplies, Bar supplies, and Plate Covers the company added many items for the Kitchen and the Buffet line.
The New Millennium has seen over 800 new product introductions. American Metalcraft has successfully re-positioned itself as one of the premier tabletop supply manufacturers in the foodservice industry and still has kept true to its core products.